In conjunction with the exhibition "MINGEI - Another Kind of Art" currently held at Gallery 1 & 2, the "MINGU" exhibition will be held at Gallery 3.
Mingu is a term coined by Keizo Shibusawa in the early Showa Period. It refers to objects that for a long time have been part of the everyday lives of the common people. They are driven by necessity; formed from wisdom and ingenuity. Always within reach and never used in vain, such objects form the everyday landscape of a Japan that coexisted with nature.
MUJI was conceived through re-examining the origins of products from the perspective of a consumer as well as a user. With this in mind, can MUJI products also be considered as the mingu of today? With both mingu and MUJI products on display at this exhibition, we invite you think about the meaning of this question with us.
- December 14 (Fri), 2018 - January 14 (Mon), 2019
- 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT Gallery 3
- Tuesdays (Except December 25), December 26 - January 3
- 10:00 - 19:00
- Organized by
- Ryohin Keikaku Co., Ltd., 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT
- Customer Relations Office, Ryohin Keikaku Co., Ltd. 0120-14-6404 (Weekday 10:00 - 21:00 / Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays 10:00 - 18:00)