About the reopening and the implementation
of the reservation system
From June 1, 2020, 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT will start new reservation system for all the visitors.
To prevent the further spread of the novel coronavirus, for the time being, we will shorten the opening hours and Gallery 1 & 2 will be responding only to advance reservations made via our website.
Before entering the facility, please consult the following notifications. Persons who have not made prior reservations will not be admitted to the Exhibition "Secret Source of Inspiration: Designers' Hidden Sketches and Mockups" at Gallery 1 & 2, and the shop spaces.
Gallery 3 admissions will depend on the program. Please confirm on the relevant program pages.
* Depending on the circumstances, there may be changes to the times available and content of the exhibitions. We ask for your understanding.
1. Reception of visitors with advance reservations
In the interests of preventing the expansion of novel coronavirus infections as a result of a large and unspecified number of the general public coming to 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT, we begin accepting reservations through a reservation system via our website.
* If you have an invitation card, a complimentary ticket, a yearly pass, a physical disability certificate (an accompanied person with him/her whose admission is also free), or a membership pass, one may gain entry, but prior reservation of the time frame as you visit is necessary. * For members of the press, please refer to the "PRESS" page and contact us in advance.
From June 1 (Mon), 2020
"Secret Source of Inspiration: Designers' Hidden Sketches and Mockups"
11:00 - 18:30 (Entrance until 18:00)
Times available and max persons
(1) 11:00 - 12:00 / 60 people
(2) 12:00 - 13:00 / 60 people
(3) 13:00 - 14:00 / 60 people
(4) 14:00 - 15:00 / 60 people
(5) 15:00 - 16:00 / 60 people
(6) 16:00 - 17:00 / 60 people
(7) 17:00 - 18:00 / 50 people
* If it is within the reserved time frame, you can come into the exhibit at any time. * We anticipate crowds immediately after reception begins. We suggest that you leisurely visit the reception in Gallery 1 & 2 within your reserved time frame. * Please refrain from trying to get in after your reserved time frame has passed. * Please understand that we do not use a reshuffle system, in order to prevent excessive crowding, we ask that you please limit your time there to a maximum of 90 minutes. * You may not reenter the venue.
How to make reservations
Please click the "Reservation" button at the bottom after reading this page.
* First-come, first-serve basis
* Entry fees must be paid on the day of visit at the reception of Gallery 1 & 2.
* A single reservation can comprise a group up to four people. Please refrain to visit in a group of five or more at once.
* Please do not make two or more reservations for the same day.
* Please refrain from making reservations consisting only of elementary students or younger.
* You must provide the name of the representative of the reservation, his / her email, and telephone number. You do not explicitly have to supply such details about the persons who will be accompanying you, but the representative may be contacted by 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT.
* If you have made reservations for multiple persons, please come with those persons at once.
* If you have questions about reservations, please call +81 (0)3 3475 2121.
* The information that you have input will be recorded and stored strictly as a record of who has visited the facility in the interests of preventing the spread of novel coronavirus infections. To that end, any personal information obtained here will not be used for the purposes other than those listed below, and will not, with exceptions mandated by laws and regulations, be provided to third parties without the consent of the person to whom the data applies.
・To contact and/or give a person who has visited the facilities information for the purpose of preventing the spread of infections of the novel coronavirus
・To gain a better understanding of the reality of the spread of infections of the novel coronavirus
・To execute infectious disease control measures mandated by law regarding the prevention of infectious diseases and for persons infected by said infected diseases
2. Body temperature check upon visiting
Upon arriving at 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT, visitors will have their temperatures measured by staff using non-contact thermometers. If a visitor exhibits a temperature of 37.5°C or above, neither he / she nor his / her companions will be allowed to enter the facility, even if they have reservations. Please take note of this beforehand.
3. Requests to visitors of 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT
- If you or anyone close to you have experienced symptoms such as fever, throat pain, coughs, excessive fatigue, trouble breathing, or any other such symptoms, or if you or your companions have been seen by a doctor and/or been prescribed medications within the past two weeks for fever or cold symptoms, please refrain from visiting 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT.
- If you or anyone close to you has visited one of the restricted countries / areas / regions designated by the Immigration Act within the past 14 days, please refrain from visiting 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT.
- Please cooperate by disinfecting your hands and fingers using alcohol-based disinfectant and by washing your hands thoroughly with soap.
- Please wear a mask. If you do not have mask, when you cough or sneeze, please observe "cough etiquette" by covering your mouth with a handkerchief or similar.
4. Other efforts
- Through the operation of HVAC systems and other efforts to ventilate the facilities, we are working to ensure that the air does not become stale.
- At the entrances we have alcohol-based hand disinfectant in place.
- The staff frequently disinfect their hands and fingers. If any member of staff exhibits symptoms of a cold or has a fever, they are not permitted to work.
- Staff who deal with visitors will wear masks.
- With the exception of large pieces of luggage such as carrier bags, we have implemented constraints on luggage that we look after.
- We no longer lend out writing implements / stationery.
- The handrails, door handles, elevator buttons, and other items which many people touch are cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- Depending upon how crowded it is, we may restrict the number of entrants.
- Within the facility and surrounding areas, we may remind you to keep distance among other visitors.