- Personal Information
The term "personal information" shall mean personal information as prescribed in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information about a living individual, which can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, address, phone number, contact information, or other description included in such information.
- Acquisition of Personal Information
The Company shall acquire personal information from customers when they apply for membership or personal partnership, make a reservation for participation in related programs and make inquiries, etc. The Company shall acquire personal information, in principle, after clearly defining the purpose of the business in which the personal information is used, and notifying or announcing the purpose of use to members in advance through legitimate and fair means. When acquiring information, the Company shall, in principle, acquire the personal information from the person in question.
- Use of Personal Information
The Company shall use personal information within the scope of the purpose of use indicated at the time of acquisition, etc., and within the limits necessary to conduct business. When entrusting the handling of personal information to a third party, the Company shall execute a contract ensuring that the said third party maintains confidentiality, clearly defining the demarcation of responsibilities thereof, and shall carry out necessary and appropriate supervision for the safety management of personal information.
- Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
The Company, in principle, shall not provide personal information to a third party, except for the cases specified below:
- If approved by the customer him/herself; or
- If stipulated by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other laws and regulations.
- Management of Personal Information
The Company shall maintain the accuracy of personal information and manage personal information safely in accordance with laws and regulations. The Company shall carry out proper and effective information security measures against computer viruses, etc. in order to prevent the leakage, destruction, or damage of personal information.
- Disclosure, Correction, Cease of Use, and Deletion of Personal Information
When requested by a customer to disclose, correct, cease use, or delete his/her own personal information, the Company shall promptly act as requested (when doing so, the Company may ask the customer for personal verification); provided, however, please note that all or any part of the personal information may not be disclosed when falling under any of the following items due to disclosure:
- （1）Cases where disclosure is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person or a third party;
- （2）Cases where disclosure is likely to seriously impede the proper execution of the business of the Company; or
- （3）Cases where disclosure violates other laws and regulations.
2121 DESIGN SIGHT Inc.
9-7-6 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052 JAPAN