Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- The exhibition should be relevant to design and making things
- The exhibition should reflect the idea of 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT and be of fit into the space of Gallery 3
- The exhibition should be societal and open to the public more than 9 days (Preference will be given to the exhibitions longer than 4 weeks)
*Shops at the venue may be incorporated as part of the proposal.
*In principle, events that are invitation-only or reservation-only are not allowed
*Proposals that focus on food/drink or things with odors will not be considered.
*21_21 DESIGN SIGHT is part of the facilities of Midtown Garden at Tokyo Midtown.
All its exhibition are held in accordance with the "Tokyo Metropolitan Ordinance of Creating an Elegant Cityscape."
The content of the proposed exhibition is subject to policies of Tokyo Midtown and Tokyo Metropolis.
Evaluation and Approval
・Applicants should read and understand the above-mentioned terms and conditions and submit a proposal.
21_21 DESIGN SIGHT will review the proposal and approve its implementation should it be appropriate to the venue.
・After the approval of implementation, 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT will proceed and review details of the exhibition, which may include main visual, installation process, content of exhibits, exhibition design, etc.
Steps for using 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT Gallery 3 from application to use
A rough schedule
- Up to 4 months prior to the exhibition
- Screening of the exhibition content
Please send a proposal of an exhibition which you wish to implement in Gallery 3.
- Confirmation of terms and conditions
An estimate will be sent to you from 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT.
- Up to 3 months prior to the exhibition
- Application and establishment of reservation
After you pass the content screening, please send us the designated reservation application form.
Your reservation will be established upon the payment of a deposit.
(A fee of 60,000 yen of use per day, excluding consumption tax)
- After the establishment of your reservation
- First Meeting
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) will be drawn up, based on the content of the meeting pertaining to the detailed exhibition plans and conditions as well as publicity.
- Up to 2 months prior to the exhibition
- Establishment of a contract, and start of publicity
After the MOU has been concluded, you may begin conducting publicity activities, using the name of the venue.
*Using visual materials and texts must be approved in advance by 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT.
- Up to 1 month prior to the exhibition
- Second Meeting
Submission of venue drawings, image of the venue and detailed content need to be given. A meeting on installation and event management / operations need to be held.
*The exhibition design must be approved in advance by 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT.
- Up to a day before the exhibition
- Payment of fees
Payment of remaining renting fees shall be made.
- The day of the exhibition
- Within 1 month after the end of the exhibition
- Settlement of payments
Payment of fees shall be settled.
(in case there are additional payments such as overdue fees, etc.)